Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Guest Post By Alicia

Today's reading from the One Year Bible Chronological Reading Plan is John 15:18-17:26

Reflections:
YOU....of all people...YOU.
YOU, the precious Son of the Most High, pray....
FOR ME?
Not only do you give up all to humble yourself,
and wear the very fabrics of human life.
Not only do you gently speak words of healing and truth,
And help our simple minds understand your vast wisdom.
Not only do you make yourself an example in baptismal profession,
and eat the bread at the table of man.
Not only to you take the cup and drink it's awful dregs of suffering and pain.
Not only do you bear the awful punishment my soul would be condemned for,
And draw me to yourself continually in intimate love.
YOU....
PRAY FOR ME.
Like a tenderhearted husband, you pray for me.
Selflessly and full of compassion you bring me before the Father.
Knowing the fragile state of my spiritual mind,
And the power of your Father to enable.
Not for my glory do you pray, but for His.
Yet, for the joy also of my spirit being with yours, for this also do you pray.
Wanting to keep me close and guided...
YOU PRAY.
For your church, your bride, you love, do you pray.
For each part of it in unique purpose and place.
Like a husband who loves all of his wife from head to toe,
You hold precious the body of your bride.
You know what will keep her together and unified,
For this YOU PRAY.
FOR ME.
I could ask for friend or family, for sister or brother to pray,
as I should.
Yet, to know always that my great mediator stands...
BEAUTIFUL...
Glowing with glory and grace,
TO PRAY continually,
FOR ME.
How can my heart ever feel you don't care?
How can my soul now doubt?
How can I forget and feel alone?
For YOU PRAY,
CONTINUALLY,
FOR ME.
THANK YOU.....FOREVER.

Tomorrow's passage:
John 18:1-2; Mark 14:32-42; Matthew 26:36-46; Luke 22:39-46; Mark 14:43-52; Matthew 26:47-56; Luke 22:47-53; John 18:3-24

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Wonderful, Alicia. May I share this post with my Bible study group?

Alicia said...

sure:)