Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bible Reading Plans narrowed down - Please vote!

According to the votes and comments in my planning post, we have narrowed the reading plan options down to three: the Chronological Plan in both the OT and the NT every day, and Professor Horner's Plan and Professor Horner's Plan condensed so that we're reading 5 chapters per day - similar benefits but less reading. Click on the links for more details. It's time to pick between these three - please comment and vote!

Keep in mind - the opinions of those who are actively participating in the blog (or who decide to actively participate in the coming year) will be given more weight when choosing a plan. So - active participants - please be sure to state clearly in the comments section what your choice is.

Also, please let me know if you would like to participate in the blog this year, both new members and continuing members - if you want to post, please let me know how often you would like to commit to doing so (remember, you can change this at any time if it's too much or too little, I'm just an email/comment away!); or if you'd like to follow along, reading the Bible and the blog posts and commenting on a fairly regular basis; or if you'd simply like the accountability of someone knowing you've committed to reading the Bible through in a year. I hope you'll join us in at least some capacity - anything is better than nothing. You don't have to be able to do it perfectly for it to be worth it. Any Bible reading/studying is worth it!! As the ladies who participated this year can testify to - it's been a tremendous year of learning and growth, such a blessing to learn from each other, alongside each other and hold each other accountable. It doesn't matter if you know any of us personally or online. If you have a passion for God, a desire to grow in your relationship with Him, a desire to grow in discernment - please join us.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do in 2011!!

9 comments:

Jody said...

Didn't vote officially, because I can't decide which would be better. I like Professor Horner's Plan because it takes a totally new approach to Bible reading. The struggle would be with posting on the readings, since you're not really supposed to "linger" while reading, but get through the chapters...

Tammy said...

That's true. But it would probably still be fairly easy for one or two verses to jump out at you - especially since we'd be reading from so many different books of the Bible. The postings would probably be different than this year - less indepth and more two passages related to each other that you hadn't noticed before, stuff like that.

It would definitely be more time consuming reading 10 chapters instead of 3 or 4.

Though I suppose if we wanted to, we could custom design our own - similar to Professor Horner, and do maybe 6 or 7 chapters per day - if that was a concern.

tammi said...

I will openly admit I can't commit to that many chapters a day. I know with Horner's plan you're not supposed to worry about missing here or there, and just read wherever you're supposed to be on that day, but I just can't function that way! Quite honestly, I'm not a fan of that plan at all.

Tammy said...

Ha ha. IF I could keep up with it - I would love to read that plan. The idea of always reading different books of the Bible together, and really getting to know the Bible is very appealing. But the length of time required to read that much - not so much! Especially when we're trying to dig in to the Bible.

Jody said...

What if we customize the plan like you suggested Tammy? Instead of 10 chapters, read 5 or 6 or 7? Just set it out ahead of time.

Tammy said...

OK, I'm going to add a 3rd option to the vote - a modified Professor Horner's plan. Sorry to whoever voted already, you'll have to re-vote!

Note: the opinion of those who will be posting regularly will be given more weight than other votes. So, posters - make sure to put in this comment section what your vote is!!

Miriam said...

Sorry for the delay in commenting... I've been thinking about it quite a bit. My main problem has been addressed here already. I like the idea of Professor Horner's plan because I'd really like to get to know the Bible overall better and reading different passages on the same day and seeing more about how they relate to each other would be very interesting for me. I liked the more in-depth posting this year, but would like the change of pace this format would provide, however, time-wise I struggled with committing to so many chapters every day. I like the idea of doing that plan but keeping it shorter.

Miriam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miriam said...

Sorry - my previous comment posted twice.