Friday, December 30, 2011

2012!

2012 is upon us!

I know we've been having discussions for awhile now and what we're going to do next year, but it's all been on our Facebook group and I just realized that I should let all of the blog readers who may not be part of that group, know what's going on! (Click here if you'd like to join our Facebook group.)

We've decided to take a break from reading through the entire Bible in a year, at least as a group, and instead focus on studying a few Books of the Bible slowly, and in more depth.  I, personally, would like to continue to read through the Bible in a Year as well because I don't want to lose my momentum in reading the text and want to continue to cultivate a passion for the text.  I know you can do that in slower study as well, but I would like to continue get to know the Bible better as a whole, while studying the smaller portions.  There is absolutely no pressure for anybody else to do that, but just in case others are wanting to do the same, I will be posting the daily passages to this Chronological Bible in a Year plan every day as well.

We are going to be starting with the book of Hebrews.  I am making the schedule of daily readings and will post the whole thing soon (obviously I need to do it soon!).  Some days we will literally only do one verse, if it is a difficult one to understand.  Other days it will be 3 or 4 verses, and others larger chunks.  John will be the first gospel we study - likely not in quite as small chunks as Hebrews.  Romans will be another one that we will take in very small chunks.  We will probably do the other 3 gospels as well, unless I receive requests to do something else.  Even after the schedule is out, we can change it as we feel led, please do not hesitate to request that!

Also - the daily posts will be a bit different this year.  We are going with shorter posts - more Facebook status style.  We'd like it to be a conversation starter - so either an observation you made about the verses, or a question you had, or something new you learned - which will hopefully spur on a conversation in the comments section.

A huge thank you to all who participated in 2011, especially our regular posters: Tammi, Miriam, Kathryn, Jody and Pamela.  I know some of you will not be joining us in 2012, and we will miss you!!  But hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Looking forward to starting this new adventure with you in 2012!

No comments: