Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday, October 3 - Kathryn

Today's passage from the Chronological Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Matt 2; Luke 2:39-52
Today's scripture focus is Romans 1:21-23

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Wow, do I ever see our world today in this.  It's interesting that they know God and know His glory and how beautiful He is and they exchanged that glory, that beauty for passing things.  How many times do I exchange the beautiful blessings God has for me for the things that I want?

Really, when we deny God and make gods of our own, we are really trying to make ourselves God.  Because if we are making our own god, one who does what we say it will, then aren't we really the ones in control?  Aren't we really the 'god' in a sense?  How many times do I put God on a different level and try to make Him do what I want Him to do in an effort to become God?

We have a world full of 'fools' who think they are wise, but they deny God.  Isn't it interesting that the Christians, the followers of God are seen as stupid and backwards?  However, how many times do I become a fool because I use my own 'wisdom' instead of Gods?

It all comes down to Him and me, that is, choosing His wisdom, His glory, His reign, or my own.  Which am I choosing?  




Tomorrow's scripture focus: Romans 1:24-25
Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage passage: Matt 3; Mark 1; Luke 3

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It's incredible how much sin blinds us to the point where we think we're wise when we're actually foolish.

And it is indeed foolish to think that what we want for ourselves could possibly be better than what God wants for us.

You're so right that it's a choice - every single day.