Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tuesday - November 11 - Tiffany

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ezekiel 21-22; 1 Peter 3
Today's scripture focus is Mark 12:35-37
 

Whose Son Is the Christ?

35 And as Jesus taught in the temple, he said, “How can the scribes say that the Christ is the son of David? 36 David himself, in the Holy Spirit, declared,
“‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand,
    until I put your enemies under your feet.”’
37 David himself calls him Lord. So how is he his son?” And the great throng heard him gladly.
 
 
Jesus here was calling out the scribes for their lack of ability to explain fully the scriptures of the Old Testament. It doesn't make sense that king David would call a son "My Lord" and yet the Messiah was to come from the royal family.
 
I think "The great throng heard him gladly" is my favorite line in these few verses.  The people wanted to understand - they had waited so long for the Messiah and there was so much they didn't understand! And here was Jesus, performing miracles, explaining things they had wondered in their hearts their whole lives.
 
Jesus, from the line of David, the Lord come to earth to save us all. I'm so glad he still speaks and explains things to us today!
 
 
Tomorrow's scripture focus: Mark 12:38-44
Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage passage: Ezekiel 23-24; 1 Peter 4

No comments: