Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tuesday, May 10th: Psalm 39-41, 53, 55 ~ Danae

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Psalm 39-41Psalm 53Psalm 55

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me & heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1

I need to be patient when seeking God (to remember that I'm working on his timetable, not mine).  He hears our prayers & knows our needs, he will answer.

Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us, no one can recount to you; were I to speak & tell of them, there would be too many to declare.
Psalm 40:5

While I'm waiting (patiently 😉), I should focus on the great things of God & all that he has already done for me.  I need to remind myself of his goodness & faithfulness.

But I call to God, & the Lord saves me.
Psalm 55:16

Cast your care on the Lord & he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:22

I am not promised that everything I face will be taken from me when I go to God.  I can be sure, though, that he will “sustain” me.  He will enable me & I won't fall as long as I  trust him.

But as for me, I trust in you.
Psalm 55:23c

Trust is sometimes a matter of choice.  There are times when it's easy to trust God (usually hand in hand with the easy times in life).  However, when things around me are falling apart, I then need to choose to trust.  When I can't see the good in a situation, I need to choose to trust.  When I don't see how things can possibly work out, I need to choose to trust.



Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Psalm 58, 61, 62, 64, 65

2 comments:

Conrad said...

Trusting in God is a choice we have to make daily.

I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart; I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation. - Psalm 40:10

Another choice to make is to let others know of His great love and what He has done in our lives.

Tammy said...

So true that faith is a choice!

I found Psalm 39 particularly relevant and convicting. An excellent reminder of the brevity of life and the importance of living with eternity in mind.