Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Wednesday, November 9th: Acts 11-12 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Acts 11-12

(Oops, Tammy here - I forgot to post Emma's post for her that she did for Nathan - she had it done on time!)

It was cool to see in today's reading where believers were first called Christians (end of Acts 11:26).

The main verse that stuck out to me, was Acts 12:11 which takes place after the angel had led Peter out of jail:

Peter finally came to his senses. "It's really true!" he said, "The Lord has sent His angel and saved me from Herod and from what the Jewish leaders had planned to do to me!"


I liked the wording: "Peter finally came to his senses." We clearly saw God working in this passage, but Peter only "came to his senses" later. So often, I pray earnestly for something (or even sometimes a small, little prayer), and then when God answers it, I don't even notice enough to say thank you. God clearly answers our prayers, even the prayers we don't say out loud, yet we don't always see it until later, if at all.  We need to not only ask, but also remember to thank God for answers to prayer.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Acts 13-14

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I'm sure there have been numerous times God's answered our prayers without us even noticing.

I always find it funny that Rhoda leaves Peter standing outside because she's so shocked and excited.