Saturday, January 28, 2017

Saturday, January 28th: Exodus 19-20; Matthew 18:21-35 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 19-20; Matthew 18:21-35

In our OT passage it is extremely clear that God is holy and we are not - and that should instill some fear in us.  It is amazing to me that God was willing to extend grace to us, by becoming One with us!

We are also given the Ten Commandments, which all of us are guilty of breaking.  I am so thankful for God's forgiveness of my sin.  Which should, as our NT passage reminds us, cause me to extend forgiveness to those who wrong me.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageExodus 21-22; Matthew 19

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matthew 18:21-22

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, when someone[a] won’t stop doing wrong to me, how many times must I forgive them? Seven times?”

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, you must forgive them more than seven times. You must continue to forgive them even if they do wrong to you seventy-seven times.

I learned this verse during Winkler Bible Camp and it was one of the only verses I remembered. We should forgive others a lot because God has done this to us