Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tuesday, January 17: Genesis 41-42; Matthew 12:1-23 ~ Jody

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Genesis 41-42, Matthew 12:1-23

This is my favourite part of the story of Joseph!! God's plan for him coming to fruition. God's perfect plan coming together in Joseph's life and ultimately all of Egypt - and the world!!

When I was reading this today it humbled me to think about how often I focus just on my own circumstances, my own plans and me, me me. When God has so many balls in motion to ensure His plan is achieved. Just like He was working on the cupbearer, the prison guards, Pharaoh and even Potiphar early on. None of it was about Joseph - it was about God's bigger plan!

Father God, give me eyes to see beyond myself. Unravel my selfish nature and help me see you in every step and every breath. Forgive my short-sightedness and give me hunger to move closer to You every day. Amen


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageGenesis 43-45; Matthew 12:24-50

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Genesis 41:16
Joseph answered Pharaoh, “It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh a favorable answer.”

Joseph was called to help interpret a dream, but before doing so he gave God all the credit. Joseph shifted the focus they had on him, to God. What a great example for us to follow!

Tammy said...

So true that it wasn't about Joseph and it isn't about us. Even when God is using to fulfill His purpose, it is about God - and we need to direct the glory to Him just like Joseph did!

In the NT I love Jesus' continual compassion for people.

kjad said...

The bible said that two years had passed when Pharoh had his dream, meaning Joseph was in prison that whole time. I couldn't believe the first words out of Joseph's mouth were about giving credit back to God. It's amazing how patient Joseph was with waiting for God's big plan to come about.

Miriam said...

Great post - this is my favourite part of the Joseph story as well. A great reminder not to let our present circumstances create bitterness or resentment or diminish our faith. You never know what is in store!