Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday, February 12th: Leviticus 13; Matthew 26:26-50

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Leviticus 13; Matthew 26:26-50

"He went on a little farther and bowed His face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken from me. Yet I want Your will to be done, not mine." - Matthew 26:39

Jesus prayed that He wouldn't have to endure the suffering, but said that His Father's wishes be granted above His own.

This is the kind of attitude we should have when we have to face trials of this world. We can pray that God would take them away, but overall, we need to be satisfied with doing His will above our own.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageLeviticus 14; Matthew 26:51-75

1 comment:

kjad said...

"The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." (Matthew 26:41) This verse caught my eye as I was reading. Without God, we are so weak. He gives us strength and confidence to do His work. It's a good reminder for me to lean on God and know that He is always there to help me.