Thursday, February 2, 2017

Thursday, February 2nd: Exodus 29-30; Matthew 21:23-46 ~ Deena

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 29-30; Matthew 21:23-46

In the NT reading today the Parable of the Two Sons spoke to me. The first son says, I won't, but then later goes. The second son says, I will, but then doesn't go.

Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you.32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. And even when you saw it, you did not afterward change your minds and believe him.

Jesus is comparing the first son to the tax collectors and prostitutes, who are living in sin, but when John told them to repent, they did. The second son is being compared to the Pharisees, who think that they are right, but when John tells them that they need to repent, they don't.
Which son am I more like? Which son are you more like? When God shows me the sin in my life do I listen and repent, or do I think that my sin is not that bad and make excuses for it?

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageExodus 31-33; Matthew 22:1-22

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Good point, I too want to listen and repent, instead of thinking my sin is no big deal and leaving it alone.

Tammy said...

So true! May I never be too proud to repent