Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Tuesday, April 25: 2 Samuel 21-22; Luke 18:24-43 ~ Jody

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: 2 Samuel 21-22; Luke 18:24-43

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
    my[d] God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation,
    my stronghold and my refuge,
    my savior; you save me from violence.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies."
2 Samuel 22:2-4

This is one of my favourite passages in the Bible. God revealed it to me several years ago during a difficult time in my life and it has been my foundation in trouble ever since. I get this image of God as a massive rock face with me hidden deep within. Providing protection from the harm that the enemy intends for my life while I can hide safely within it. However, not only is He a safe place of refuge, but He is my protector and my deliver, which depict action! He fights FOR me to SAVE me from the violence!!

Thank you Father that you not only keep me safe and shield me, but also take action to deliver me from the works of the enemy set to destroy my life. 

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Luke 18:39
And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

I like how this blind man ignored those around him and got louder so Jesus would notice and listen to him, he showed that he really cared and wanted help from God. Do i put in effort to reach out to God?

Tammy said...

I love that passage too Jody!

I, too, love the blind man's determination and want that kind of passion for God in my life.