Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wednesday, April 5th: 1 Samuel 1-3, Luke 8: 26-56 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is  1 Samuel 1-3, Luke 8: 26-56

A few portions of today's reading stood out to me,

1 Samuel 1: 6&7
Because the Lord had closed Hannah’s womb, her rival kept provoking her in order to irritate her. [7] This went on year after year. Whenever Hannah went up to the house of the Lord, her rival provoked her till she wept and would not eat


We may have people that bug us, or we may be a pain to someone else. Either way, this can do more damage than we think, and I pray that I can be a help and not an irritant to others. Sometimes helping others may mean leaving them alone, I pray for wisdom in this situation.

1 Samuel 3:13
For I told him that I would judge his family forever because of the sin he knew about; his sons blasphemed God, a and he failed to restrain them.


Eli's sons had been evil, and Eli had ignored this problem. I pray for wisdom in how we raise our children, that we don't ignore problems but rather see them and deal with them, asking God for wisdom and using the power that He gives.

Luke 8: 47&48
Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. [48] Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”


This women came to Jesus humbly and with the utmost respect, she truly believed in Him and knew He could do anything. She knew Jesus was the only one who could help her, she had tried other ways and found no success. I pray that I show the same attitude toward Jesus always, with utmost respect knowing that only He can save me.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  1 Samuel 4-6; Luke 9:1-17

No comments: