Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday, September 29th; Isaiah 7-8; Ephesians 2 ~ Conrad

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Isaiah 7-8; Ephesians 2

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8

Grace is God's life transforming gift given to those who do not deserve it.  The gift of salvation and forgiveness of sins is available for all who through faith accept His grace revealed in Jesus Christ, but so many miss the gift because they rely on themselves.  

This verse was brought up during the sermon this past Sunday.  One of the points made on this verse was that the value we place on His grace, and how impressed we are by God's greatness, is what shapes us.  

What value have I placed on His grace, and His greatness?  How has this shaped me?  And do I need to place a higher emphasis on Him, and less on me?    


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Isaiah 9-10; Ephesians 3

1 comment:

Nathan said...

This gift God has given us is unreal and outstanding. Yet we often don't think twice about it, maybe because we've heard about it so often or maybe because we don't actually see anything physically at this point in our lives. I pray for thankfulness to God for dying for me and forgiving my sins, this is truly a gift given to us that is way better then anything else.