Saturday, September 2, 2017

Saturday, September 2nd: Psalms 137-139; 1 Corinthians 13 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Psalms 137-139; 1 Corinthians 13

Two very popular chapters in our readings today - Psalm 139 and 1 Corinthians 13.  Both are chapters I have memorized in the past (though admit I don't know them entirely anymore).

I love Psalm 139 and how it describes how intimately God knows us.  He created us, each and every one of us, individually - which is absolutely mind boggling when you consider how many people have ever lived!

But not only did He create us, He knows us.  He knows every single thing about us.  He knows what we're thinking, He knows what we're going to say before we even speak, He KNOWS us.

And what's even more amazing is that even though He knows us so well, better than we even know ourselves, even though He knows every sinful thought and deed we've ever had - He still loves us, He was still willing to die for us, He still lavishes His grace upon us.

He loves.  He loves perfectly, as described in 1 Corinthians 13.

I want to love like that.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassagePsalms 140-142; 1 Corinthians 14:1-20

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Psalm 139: 23&24
Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Often I don't want to be tested and looked at deeply, I just want to live and move forward. I want to live for God fully, but don't want to be "cleaned up" by Him. These verses tell me that this is what I need at times, and a renewing that comes with it.