Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wednesday, September 20th: Ecclesiastes 4-6, 2 Corinthians 12 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Ecclesiastes 4-6; 2 Corinthians 12

Ecclesiastes 5: 18
This is what I have observed to be good: that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them—for this is their lot.


Some people can enjoy an easier life, but some have to work hard all their days, God gives some alot and some not as much. Am I thankful for what I've been given? Am I willing to work my whole life for Him?

2 Corinthians 12: 10
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Paul was given a "thorn in his flesh (v7)" to torment him, in order to keep him from being conceited, and he used this to glorify God all the more. Do I approach my own shortcomings this way? Or do I feel sorry for myself?


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Ecclesiastes 7-9; 2 Corinthians 13

1 comment:

Conrad said...

A good reminder from Paul to glorify God in all circumstances. After all, He brought us to that point for a reason.