Monday, November 6, 2017

Monday, November 6th: Jeremiah 37-39; Hebrews 3 ~ Conrad

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Jeremiah 37-39; Hebrews 3

"King Zedekiah, however, sent Jehukal son of Shelemiah with the priest Zephaniah son of Maaseiah to Jeremiah the prophet with this message: 'Please pray to the Lord our God for us.'"  Jeremiah 37:3

An option that should not be our last is taking the time to pray to God.  Whom better to lay our burdens down to other than the God who created everything and knows everything.  Not always easy to do as that means we have to give up our control......although left on our own long enough, we would only find ourselves spinning out of control.

The other point I took away from this verse is that we should also ask others to pray for us too.  How often do I share with someone the hardships and trials that I am facing so that they can pray for me?  Or how often do I ask someone if there is something that I can pray for them?

As believers, we are one big family, and need to pray for one another and also make ourselves available so that we can pray for others too.  

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Jeremiah 40-42; Hebrews 4

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Good point, too often I pray first, or only, for things around me or about me. We should be praying for others and their needs as well.