Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thursday, November 23rd: Ezekiel 20-21; James 5 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ezekiel 20-21; James 5

Ezekiel 20:9 But for the sake of my name, I brought them out of Egypt. I did it to keep my name from being profaned in the eyes of the nations among whom they lived and in whose sight I had revealed myself to the Israelites.
Phrases similar to this appear multiple times in our passage.  To me this is a good reminder that God chose to save me, just like He chose to save the Israelites.  And He didn't choose me because there was anything special about me.  He didn't choose me because I'm any better than anyone else.  He chose me despite me.  He chose me in order to glorify His name.

Yes, He saves us because He loves us.  But He also saves us for the sake of His name.  And I am thankful, so thankful, for His saving grace.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Ezekiel 22-23; 1 Peter 1

No comments: