Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Tuesday, November 28th; Ezekiel 33-34; 1 Peter 5

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Ezekiel 33-34; 1 Peter 5

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

What stood out for me in this verse was "that he may lift you up in due time". I kind of always want him to lift me up in MY time! Ok God, I'm humbled before you, I'm waiting on you... is it time to be out of this yet?! This passage is a good reminder that in due time, he'll lift me out of it. He also doesn't say "don't be anxious while waiting" - he knows we will struggle with that and so gives us verse 7 instructing us what to do with that anxiety, because he cares for us!


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageEzekiel 35-36; 2 Peter 1

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve;

I too, want to live for God and be a shepherd for Him, not because I must, but because I am willing.