Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday, December 15th: Amos 1-3; Revelation 6 ~ Conrad

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Amos 1-3; Revelation 6

After reading today's passage, I'll be honest in that not a whole lot stood out to me.  However, the following verses brought a thought in mind to me:

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place." 
Revelation 6:12-14 
 
I was reminded of the fact that our God is all powerful.  Not only has He created all things, but He can also choose to remove or alter all things.  Every day the sun rises.  When we can see it, it is a bright yellow light.  Every evening the moon is high in the sky.  When it is visible, it is bright and provides light as well. 

It is hard to imagine these two God created items to be any different than we have seen every day of our lives.  But yet God has the power to change them to whatever He wants.

Knowing He has this much power, do I give Him the credit that He is due?  Do I trust Him the way I should?  God is all powerful and is always in control of everything.  Something I need to remember when things don't go according to my plan.
  
Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Amos 4-6; Revelation 7

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Good point, and a good reminder that God is all powerful and can do anything at any time.

Tammy said...

What an amazing visual!