Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Tuesday, February 13th: Leviticus 19-21, Philippians 2 ~ Danae


Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Leviticus 19-21, Philippians 2

Philippians 2:3&4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Here is yet another verse that convicts me. All too often my focus is on me, whether it be a prideful attitude or wanting things my way rather than putting others first.

Unfortunately, I fail so often (in so many areas). I read verses in the bible that speak to me & want to do better, decide to do better, but too often nothing really changes.

Verse 13 says
For it is God who works in you to will & to act according to his good purpose

I don’t have to achieve this on my own, in fact, I can’t. It is God who has to do the work in me.

This is something that has been sticking out at me lately .  God is not expecting us to be able to change, he knows that we can’t do it on our own but wants the opportunity to do it for us.

God only really has the opportunity to do this, though, if we continually give ourselves to him & seek him. Reading the bible, praying, focusing our thoughts on him daily is the only way. We need to let go of ourselves & seek him in order for him to do his work in shaping us.





Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageLeviticus 22-24, Philippians 3

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Good point - we need to let go of ourselves and seek Him. I pray that I remember this throughout the day and weeks to come.

Tammy said...

So much truth in this post.